A person working in the monitoring center receives the message and contacts emergency police services like the police or fire station. asics gel lyte 5 mujer beige The emergency center then dispatches first responders, who travel to the scene of the alarm to secure the area. Phoenix Suns However, as wireless technologies continue to improve, the process of transferring alarm messages to emergency responders becomes more direct. Cities that have adopted the Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP) have cut alarm-to-responder times down to as little as five seconds. asics gel nimbus 14 mujer Eventually, we think wireless integration will make the process so seamless that homeowners will be able to share remote access to their home security systems with emergency responders, allowing the responders to watch live surveillance camera footage from the scene and know what type of challenges to expect once they reach the property. Geared for privacy: The ideas of surveillance and monitoring are often associated with a lack of privacy. nike air max 2017 pas cher However, alarm monitoring does not give security companies a view of your property. Chaussures Nike Pas Cher All monitoring stations get is an electronic notification when any alarm is triggered at your home. Adidas Pas Chere You and the people at your home are the only ones who can see what is going on until emergency responders reach the scene. Nike Air Max Norge Nettbutikk Accessible for you at any moment: With applications like LiveWatch’s ASAPer, you can receive alarm notifications and watch security camera footage at any time from your phone, tablet, or computer. nike air max Whether used to receive notifications of actual property crimes while you’re out of town, or simply employed to make sure that your children are playing safely at home, these remote monitoring and surveillance applications go a long way to helping you protect what’s most precious.
General Crime and Disorder Reduction: This 2013 study suggests that there is an overall reduction in crime rates within a 150 foot radius of installed security cameras, and a general drop in public disorder within a 350 foot radius. asics gel lyte 3 mujer The authors conclude that the visible presence of cameras acts as a significant crime deterrent. Marcus Mariota – Oregon Ducks Protection from Street Robberies: A 2012 study conducted in South Korea determined robberies were 47.4 percent less likely to occur in public areas with security cameras than they were in areas lacking surveillance and monitoring.
Neighborhood Safety: A 2011 Chicago study showed that properly installed and monitored security cameras can lead to a consistent 20 percent drop in monthly crime rates across an entire neighborhood. Maglie Houston Rockets Properly installed cameras in the city’s Humboldt Park neighborhood quelled a recent spike in crime and kept crime rates consistently lower thereafter, while an improperly monitored system in the West Garfield Park failed to affect crime rates. nike air max 2016 goedkoop LiveWatch security consultants are experts in security cameras and monitoring. air max pas cher Call today for help assembling an affordable customized system that meets your individual needs.
Every Monday we at LiveWatch will be delivering you a selection of the previous weeks most interesting and strange burglary-related events. New Balance 515 damskie Up this week: a serial restaurant burglar is arrested; a photographer uses digital technology to track down his stolen equipment, and more. Nike Air Max 2016 Dames Zwart Read on: An Australian photographer recovered $15,000 of stolen equipment by following the digital footprints he programmed his camera to leave on photos uploaded to the web. The man’s camera and lens were stolen in July 2014 by a fellow photographer. Canotte NCAA The camera was programmed to encode all photos with the name of its owner, which allowed the man to track down the thief who was posting images captured using the stolen goods. Ray Ban pas cher Colorado police Thursday returned a stolen painting to a local Rotary Club chapter that tried to auction off the piece two years ago. new balance 999 homme The butterfly painting, which was to be sold at a fundraiser hosted by the Colorado Springs Rotary Club, was stolen in August 2013 and found recently being used as street art. Nike Free 3.0 Police are still trying to identify the perpetrator. Pitt County, N.C., police Friday issued a statement offering to pardon all street sign thieves who voluntarily return their stolen signs within the coming week. Thieves stole 111 signs across the county in 2014 and police say they are on pace to meet that number in 2015. Hogan Uomo Prezzi The thefts have cost the county an estimated $15,000 so far. Nike Air Max 2016 Heren wit South New Jersey police have detained a serial burglar who has been robbing restaurants across the state’s southern counties. Geno Smith College Jerseys The man was caught on security camera in the act of committing his third burglary in a month’s time.
ASAPER notifies you and your emergency contacts when an alarm is triggered on your property, and it creates a virtual chat room where you and the people you trust can assess the situation and respond appropriately, all with the assistance of a Livewatch home security specialist. Fjallraven Kanken Classic Sound good? You can learn more about ASAPER here. Image sensors: Image sensors trigger security-related events when they are activated and capture an image of whatever sets them off. Dont’a Hightower Jersey They have all but replaced motion sensors as the standard sensor devices in a home security system. A.J. McCarron – Alabama Crimson Tide With image sensors installed, you can immediately have a picture of the scene sent to your computer or phone, allowing you to determine whether there is a threat to your property, or if the alarm was triggered accidentally.
Together, fires and burglaries cost insurance companies a lot of money, but if you’re protecting your property with Livewatch, your insurance provider knows you’re less likely to need to make a claim. Nike Air Max 2016 Dames blauw That translates into a reduced premium and more money you can spend elsewhere.
At Livewatch, our staff is composed of experts in home security who have the knowledge to help you assemble a customized security system that will save you both money and peace of mind.
If you have safety concerns in your home or business, security cameras are a logical solution. According to the US Department of Justice, property crime accounts for approximately 75 percent of all crime in the United States. Security cameras can help reduce crime as well as increase a sense of safety in a community.
Security cameras allow you to see both in and around your home at any time, and with LiveWatch Total Home Monitoring you are able to watch streaming and recorded video from your phone or computer. Cameras also give you added security as a deterrent to criminals. Canotta Orlando Magic Burglars who see security cameras near a home are much less likely to approach or enter the house.
Even with security cameras installed, some areas do not see any significant decrease in crime. Nike Sko Nettbutikk According to a 2005 report from the Home Office Research Studies, “The use of CCTV needs to be supported by a strategy outlining the objectives of the system and how these will be fulfilled. This needs to take account of local crime problems and prevention measures already in place.” As with all home security equipment, there are steps you can take to ensure that you get the most out of your cameras:
- Make your cameras visible.
- NIKE AIR MAX 90 GOEDKOOP
- Use your security cameras to check up on family. Having security cameras inside your home is certainly another layer of protection in case of burglary. nike tn However, it can also be a great tool to look after your children and elderly family members. If you want to make sure your child is still sleeping peacefully, a quick check of the live feed from the security camera in his or her bedroom can put your mind at ease.
- Get Interactive Monitoring to keep up on the latest. With Total Home Monitoring from LiveWatch, you can use your security cameras in new ways. nike pas cher 2.0 Monitoring enables you to see live video as it happens on your iPhone, iPad, Android or other mobile device. adidas eqt hombre You can also check live security camera footage from your computer, meaning that you can look in on your home from anywhere that has Internet. If you want to see that your children arrived home safely but you are not free to check the live feed when they get home, you can also view recorded footage from your mobile device or computer.
- Put your cameras in appropriate places. Security cameras serve as a powerful safety tool, but if used improperly they can also cause problems. As Ken Kirschenbaum, Esq., a top lawyer in home security, has pointed out, you should never put a security camera in a bathroom or any other location where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. “Even a camera that is placed in a lawful place for proper purposes, may pick up conduct that would be considered embarrassing or intended to be private… the misuse of that data could be actionable,” Kirschenbaum said. This is especially true for businesses or public locations, even if you install warnings of surveillance. New Balance Femme Securing your home or business is important, and it can be done without invading the privacy of others.
- Look into night vision cameras. The newest security cameras on the market today come with infrared night vision capabilities, so that you and your family are protected 24/7. However, if you settle on a camera without infrared technology you should make sure that the area near the camera is well lit so that your security cameras can still deter criminals and catch footage of any potential burglars. new balance 373 uomo prezzo
The benefit of security cameras is not only to secretly record criminals in the act and catch them later. Cameras work best to scare burglars off before they ever break into your home. Maglia LeBron James If your camera is visible and prominent, it will give the burglar a good reason to stay away from your home altogether.
The ultimate goal with any security camera is to give you and your family a sense of safety and security. With today’s technology you can do that and much more with just a little knowledge of all that these cameras are capable.
Alarm monitoring centers—of which Livewatch runs three simultaneously—pay attention to the status of your alarm system 24/7. New Balance 446 mujer When your alarm goes off, the center receives a notification and immediately contacts authorities to be dispatched to your property—so if you’re sleeping at night and your smoke or heat detector senses a fire, all you need to do is get out of the house safely and the monitoring center and fire department handle the rest. New Balance 996 męskie Additionally, you can’t hear your alarms when you’re at the store or out of town, but the monitoring center can.
If you’re on vacation and a burglar breaks into your house or a fire starts, a Livewatch monitoring center will send assistance so you can rest assured your property will stay safe. Nike Kobe 11 It’s true that unmonitored systems could just as easily notify you of a security breach via phone call or text message, but that still means you have to worry about assessing the situation and calling authorities if necessary—which becomes quite difficult when you’re not on-site. Soldes Asics 2017 With Livewatch monitoring, you get both the peace of mind that your property is being looked after and the personal notification services all in one affordable package.
If this sounds appealing to you, make sure to check out Livewatch’s Plug & Protect® service today.
Vacation is a time away from home for rest and relaxation. nike air max pas cher It is definitely not a time to worry about leaving your house behind. adidas uk store By making a few small preparations before packing up your suitcase, you can pack away any fears you may have about staying away.
- Let a friend in, keep a foe out: One of the best home protection methods is to tell a friend or trusted neighbor about your vacation plans. adidas superstar 2 hombre A friend can make regular visits to check on your home, water plants or pick up the newspaper.
- Don’t over post, tweet or share: Many photo-ops arise while visiting exotic locations and spending time with family. Air Jordan 1 Retro It is tempting to share such pictures with friends on social media like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. air max 90 pas cher However, it is best to share these photos after returning home from vacation because sharing the photos publicly may place the security of your home at risk.
- Use a light timer: Install a light timer to turn lights on or off in your home when appropriate to maintain outsides appearances that you are inside and not outside of your home.
- Cancel your mail: Notify the US Postal Service and any newspapers you subscribe to before you leave to stop incoming mail during the days you are out. adidas pure boost uomo Newspapers piling up on your porch signals to potential burglars that you are not at home.
- Protect your home with an alarm system: Installing and investing in a home security system is an investment in your safety.
When you’re away you can activate your alarm to detect any motion inside of the house and the opening of locked doors or windows. Nike air max 90 pas cher LiveWatch Security offers a home security mobile app as well as their own component called ASAPer, As Soon as Possible Emergency Response. If an alarm is triggered, ASAPer sends out alerts to emergency contacts via SMS, email and phone in about 30 seconds.
Prior to taking a trip, take the time to implement precautiontary protection for your home.
1. Nike Air Max Thea Dames A home security system will cost me a bundle
It may if you don’t do your research first, but it doesn’t have to. fjällräven kånken big Compare different companies and the systems they offer, and you will soon find many affordable options, especially in the area of self-installed systems. Many of these systems require minimal investment of time and money, and can even decrease your homeowner’s premium.
2. Alarm systems require a service contract
A common misunderstanding, and most likely the result of the prominent advertising by companies that do require contracts. However, securing your home can be as simple as purchasing a system, installing it, and letting it do its job — without committing yourself to a service contract.
3. Maglia Patrick Ewing Systems must be professionally installed
Installation is a matter of simple wiring and basic programming skills, and can be done by most homeowners, especially those with a “do it yourself” mindset.
4. nike air max chaussure pas cher Alarm System Monitoring is costly
Should you decide to have your alarm system monitored, affordable options are readily available. LiveWatch offers alarm monitoring with low monthly rates.
5. My pet will cause false alarms
Alarm system manufacturers know that almost 70% of US homes have one or more pets, and they design their systems accordingly. nike pas chers Motion detectors with pet-immunity are just one example of how alarm systems can be effective while accommodating pet owners.
My home isn’t a target for intrusion
My home isn’t a target for intrusion
Perhaps you live in the country and are always home. Or for some other reason you believe you don’t need home security or safety products. adidas gazelle uomo rosse Firstly, consider that burglars are simply looking for unprotected valuables, not a nice urban setting. Secondly, burglary is not the only consideration. Home safety products such as smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are critical for any home.
7. Hardwiring an existing home is impossible
Running wires in an existing home is possible.
There is duct cover that you can use to hide wire runs, or you can run it above or below the areas you are looking to secure.
8. Wireless alarms are unreliable
Another common misunderstanding. chaussures asics pas cher While it may have been true in the past, advancements in technology have made wireless alarm systems a very stable and reliable option. For example, unique radio signals are now used with wireless systems to remedy the problem of frequency interference.
9. Programming is complicated
If you can program a VCR or operate a computer, you can program an alarm system. Like anything that is new, there is a slight learning curve to overcome, but the documentation that is included with every panel is written in a way that is easy to understand.