Extreme heat claims the lives of hundreds of Americans each year. New Balance 993 mujer With the hot temperatures of August just around the corner, here are some heat illness-prevention tips to help you stay safe and enjoy the rest of your summer:
- Hydrate with water: Milk, Nike Air Max 2016 Dames grijs fruit juices and even some energy drinks give your body important vitamins and supplements, but when it’s hot your greatest concern is staying hydrated—and water does the best job of that. Do your best to avoid drinks with lots of sugar, Fjallraven Kanken caffeine or alcohol.
- Make sure your medication doesn’t cause you to overheat: Many prescription and over-the-counter medications decrease your body’s ability to regulate temperature. Check medicine boxes for warnings and consult with your doctor, especially when it comes to antihistamines, Adidas Baratas psychiatric drugs and sleeping pills.
- Avoid over-exertion: Even if it means getting up a little earlier in the morning or delaying your workout until the evening after the sun is down,
- free rn flyknit uomo
- Plan to stay in cool places: Air-condition is your best defense against heat-related illnesses. nike air max 2017 goedkoop If you’re planning family activities, try visiting places like malls that have powerful cooling systems. Run the air-conditioner in your car on a high setting and never leave a child or pet closed in a vehicle with the AC off.
- Know the symptoms of heat stroke and call 911 immediately if a friend or family member is experiencing it: Heat stroke occurs when the body stops regulating its temperature; someone experiencing heat stroke cannot sweat to cool down.
- Nike Air Max 2017 Uomo
- NIKE ROSHE LD-1000 QS
- Adidas Zx 750 Uomo
you should do all you can to avoid exerting large amounts of energy for long periods of time during the heat of day.
Red and dry skin,
a rapid pulse, a throbbing headache, Canotte Golden State Warriors dizziness, nausea,
If you have a home swimming pool and you’re expecting visitors and young children to use it this summer, you’re probably thinking about how you can keep your guests safe without imposing too many fun-dampening rules. air max pas cher With that in mind, here are some essential tips for how to make your pool a safe place:
- Keep a safety toolkit on hand: A first aid kit, a pair of scissors for cutting hair or pool covers in case of entrapment emergencies, flotation devices and a charged cellphone for calling 911 and other emergency contacts are all must-have items for owners of a residential pool. adidas outlet shop online These items also help increase safety at public pools.
- Always supervise children: Drowning is the second most common cause of injury-related death in the United States,
- Nike Air Max 2017 Dames blauw
- Be careful when swimming by drains: If possible, Maglie Cleveland Cavaliers children should be kept away from pool drains.
- Free Rn Flyknit Donna
- Fence in your pool: Barriers at least 4 feet tall should be erected around your home pool. Denard Robinson – Michigan Wolverines Also strongly consider arming gates to the pool with alarms so you know when a child might be entering the pool unsupervised.
- Train yourself in the basics of response: Taking lessons about CPR and basic lifesaving skills will go a long way in helping you make your home pool the safest place possible.
and most drownings among children ages 1-4 occur in home swimming pools. New Balance 009 hombre Flotation devices help keep your kids safe, but they’re not reliable enough for you to be able to walk away. Keep your eyes on swimming children at all times, and especially be aware when their playing and splashing gets quiet.
Make sure your drain covers are in place and intact. Nike Air Huarache Heren Swimmers with long hair should be reminded to keep their hair tied up to avoid entrapment in the drain. Phoenix Suns In the event someone becomes entrapped by a drain, turn off the pump immediately, Nike Free Run Femme and place a hand between the drain and the person’s body to break the pressure seal; do not try simply pulling them away from the drain as this will likely result in injury.
Please note that all tips mentioned here also apply to safety at public pools.
May, for good reason, is National Bike Month. nike tn requin If long-distance cycling is one of your favorite springtime activities, or you simply use a bike as your main method of transportation, here are five bike safety tips to keep in mind as you re-inflate your tires and get ready to hit the road:
- Always wear a well fitted helmet: Protecting your brain should be your main priority when riding a bike. A well fitted helmet is snug but not painful to your head and jaw. nike sklep The front of the helmet should come down your forehead to a position one or two finger widths above your eyebrow. Sac à Dos Kanken Fjallraven Opening your jaw fully in a yawn should cause the helmet to tighten, but rocking your head back and forth shouldn’t cause it to move up or down more than one finger width.
- Make sure your bike is comfortable to ride: Adjusting your bike’s seat height is crucial to riding safely.
- ADIDAS ZX 750
- Check your breaks: Before going anywhere you should test your breaks while riding slowly. Scarpe Hogan If you find yourself sliding, bring your bike to the shop for work.
- Stay visible: Make sure your bike is equipped with reflectors and a light. air max pas cher To be safest you should also where bright colored reflective clothing when riding at night to avoid being hit by cars.
- Obey traffic laws: As a cyclist you should, when possible, drive on the street in the direction of traffic.
You shouldn’t have to stretch to reach the pedals or bend your knees at right angles to avoid kicking the ground. Zapatillas New Balance Online A good rule of thumb is to make sure your knees have a slight bend at full extension while pedaling. Nike Sko Nettbutikk The seat should be flat and positioned at the same height as the handlebars.
- Wear protection: A helmet and wrist guards are a must, and elbow pads and knee pads are highly recommended—especially for those who ride a board for more than just transportation. Green Bay Packers Jerseys The benefits of helmets are well-known and self-explanatory, but wrist guards are often overlooked. nike air max 2017 pas cher However, wearing these hand-encapsulating protectors will let you catch yourself after a fall without fear of breaking any number of finger, hand or wrist bones.
- Learn to fall: Even if you’re not looking to become an extreme skater, you’re most likely going to have a couple spills when you’re picking up the sport. nike air max 2016 goedkoop Learning to fall properly will save you a lot of pain and increase your confidence on the board. Whether you notice the board unexpectedly going out from beneath you, or you get caught in a crack and start flying off the deck, always make sure to adjust your body to fall forward. Assuming you’re wearing wrist guards, catching yourself by landing on all fours is the best way to distribute the force of your fall and avoid injury.
- Air Max 2017 Donna Bianche
- Adidas Nmd Verde Uomo
- Take it slow: Whether you’re coasting down a hill for the first time or trying to learn a trick, temper your speed and stay calm; panicking is a leading cause of skating-related injury. Kopen nike air max schoenen Skateboards are more strongly affected by different types of roads than bikes, so you’ll want to give your body some time to adjust when riding in new environments.
- Ride low: Keeping your knees bent while riding gives you the best control of both your center of gravity and the direction of the board. Kenley Jansen Authentic Jersey Board control and balance you can only really learn by practice and getting to know your body, but knowing not to keep your legs straight is a great way to avoid unneeded falls.
However, if you find yourself falling out-of-control, you should do your best to bring your elbows and knees in towards your body and hit the ground rolling. new balance 997 on sale This will ensure that you don’t hit one part of your body with too much force. nike air max pas cher Additionally, wearing knee pads gives you the option of falling to your knees and sliding in certain situations.
Needless to say, falling will teach you a lot about how your body works and will go a long way to increase your coordination.
Please note: Most of these tips translate to rollerblading and biking, especially when it comes to learning to fall.
Playgrounds—with their high-flying swings and magnificent jungle gyms—are one of the joys of childhood. Goedkoop Nike Air Max However, they can also be a significant danger to children.
Each year 200,000 children make emergency room visits to be treated for playground-related injuries. sac a dos kanken fjallraven Whether you’re installing a play set at your home or simply visiting a playground at your local park, here are five tips for making sure your children don’t get injured while playing:
- Ensure constant supervision: You should be able to see your kids at all times when they’re playing on playground equipment.
- EQT SUPPORT ADV
- Check the ground: The floor surface of a safe play area is shock absorbing to ease the pain of accidentally falling.
- Nike Air Max 90 Heren wit
- Be sure the equipment is sturdy: Safe climbs can quickly turn into damaging falls if equipment isn’t maintained properly. nike pas cher At the very least all playground fixtures should be securely bolted to the ground. Atlanta Hawks As your kids start to play, watch out for unnecessarily wobbling equipment; sometimes older playground equipment that looks sturdy enough gives out unexpectedly.
- Make sure no loose ropes or strings are present: Whether part of a child’s clothing or part of the playground equipment, loose strings are dangerous and can lead to strangling. Ole Miss Rebels Only ropes with both ends secured should be used for climbing.
- Check for excessive heat: Metallic playground equipment heats up fast in the summer to temperatures that can be extremely harmful to young children.
Younger children tend to have difficulty judging distances while older more coordinated kids often use playgrounds to test their physical limits. Nike Air Max 1 Pas Cher Most falls can be prevented with the help of active supervision and guardian assistance when unsafe situations develop.
Rubber, mulch and sand are examples of safe surfaces, while concrete, grass and dirt are more dangerous.
If you’re a regular runner, the transition from April to May might be your favorite time of the year. Adidas ZX Flux Heren With spring entering full swing, not only are the biting winds and slippery ice of winter gone, but temperatures are starting to rise and the spring storms are growing more docile. Whether you’re a running junky or a casual jogger, it can be refreshing to step out of the gym and hit the roads and trails on a clear sunny day. Dexter McCluster Titans Jerseys However, unlike the gym, the outdoors isn’t a regulated environment. Nike Air Max 2017 Dames zwart There are cars and bikes to deal with, and a notable lack of drinking fountains. Nike Air Max 2016 Dames Groen In short, running outdoors is less safe than working out at the gym, but the dangers can be easily neutralized. Solde Adidas Here are five tips for how to enjoy your runs more safely:
- Stay alert: Running outside presents many more obstacles and potential threats than working out at the gym. As hard as it may be at first, leave your iPod or any other music device at home so you can hear approaching cars, animals or people. When running on or near roads, travel against traffic so you can track the position of vehicles; you need to be able to account for distracted drivers.
- Make yourself visible: Always wear bright clothing. When running at night or in the early morning, you’ll want to wear reflective gear to make your presence known. While you must ultimately be aware of your own surroundings to ensure maximum safety, reflective shoes and shirts give drivers and cyclists a fair chance to avoid colliding with you.
- Run in groups: Running with a dedicated running partner or joining a running group can make you a more motivated and happy runner. under armour pas cher Both options keep you safer on the running path. New Balance 997.5 hombre Running groups are less susceptible to physical threats, and a partner is great to have in the case of injury or other emergency.
- Carry ID and cash: Though not always the most convenient of tasks, carrying a form of identification and some cash when you run will help you more easily seek services in case of emergency. nike air max goedkoop From providing self-identification in the case of severe injuries to purchasing on-the-go food or water to combat a sudden loss of energy, keeping an ID and some money in your pocket or attached to a running belt will make you a safer runner.
Finally, electrochemical sensors use electrodes submerged in a chemical solution to detect changes in electrical currents caused by the presence of carbon monoxide. At least one carbon monoxide detector should be placed on each floor of your home, detectors should be placed directly outside of every sleeping area. Air Max Baratas If an alarm sounds, it’s important to stay calm. Carbon monoxide detectors alert you to the presence of the poison early enough to get to safety. kobe 11 pas cher In the case of a detection, open all the windows in your home, move your entire family outside, and don’t go back inside until the alarm has stopped sounding.
While outside, check everyone present for flu-like symptoms, which are an early sign of carbon monoxide poisoning. nike internationalist donna In the event that someone feels ill, contact medical help immediately.
Carbon monoxide detectors can function as stand-alone units or as part of a full home security system. They can also be monitored via home automation systems and are a sure way to protect what’s most precious to you.
- Do your research before traveling: How far is your hotel from the airport? What are the public transportation and/or taxi options in your destination city or town? What clothes should you wear so you don’t stick out to thieves looking to take advantage of unsuspecting travelers? What is the visa acquisition process if you’re visiting a foreign country? These are all questions you should be able to answer before embarking on your journey.
- Be careful with what you carry: If possible,
- Nike Air Max 2017 Bianco Uomo
- Beware of strangers: You’re more likely to be scammed or fooled otherwise by strangers when you’re in a new city than when you are in a familiar town. Brett Favre Packers Jerseys If someone says they’re a tour guide, be sure to double check with a reliable source such as a hotel manager before leaving with the person in question. AJ 12 OVO You should follow a similar process with taxi drivers. When meeting someone for the first time, Nike Sko Norge Nettbutikk never let them know where your hotel room is.
- Take health precautions: When traveling abroad, visit a travel clinic to learn what vaccinations you’ll need to avoid contracting local diseases. chaussures nike air max pas cher Make sure you know whether or not the local drinking water is safe,
you should try to carry credit cards and travelers checks instead of cash; lost cards can be canceled, Nike Air Max TN Femme but stolen cash cannot be replaced. ASICS PAS CHER FR Also make sure to keep photo copies of your credit cards and/or passport in your suitcase. Womens Air Jordan 12 It’s a good practice to not carry all of your money in one pocket or purse so you will not be stranded without access to money in the event you are robbed.
Soccer—or football as it’s known in most places—is the world’s most popular sport, but historically in America it’s been relegated to a category of less serious sports to be grown out of in favor of other sports like baseball and basketball. However, the recent popularity of the 2014 World Cup among American television viewers suggests America might be embracing the soccer craze.
With so many players worldwide, soccer causes a large number of injuries on a yearly basis. New Balance 1400 hombre These injuries may not always be as brutal or high-profile as football injuries, but there’s still plenty of danger in the physically demanding sport of soccer. Air Max 87 Whether you or your child already play soccer, or are just getting started with the sport, here are five tips to keep you off the bench and in the game:
- Wear proper gear: Well-fitted shoes or cleats, shin guards and a mouth guard are must-have items. Running Asics Sneakers The most common injury in soccer is a sprained ankle; comfortable and durable shoes help prevent these.
- Scarpe Nike Air Max 90
- Play on safe fields: Before starting a game, check the field for large holes and loose or sharp items. Geno Smith – West Virginia Mountaineers Move items like bottles and extra balls as far away from the match as possible; no one wants to trip over something that shouldn’t be there in the first place. Also make sure goal posts are secure and well-padded; falling goals can be potentially deadly.
- Warm up before playing: Soccer involves a lot of running and rapid direction changing, which can both result in muscle strains and stress injuries. tn nike pas cher Some light jogging and stretching before a game can go a long way in preventing some nasty strain-type injuries that tend to stick around for a while.
- Heads up!: Be aware not just of the position of the ball, but of all the other players on the field—including your teammates. Overall awareness should be a collective goal (no pun intended) for all players because player-on-player collisions can result in injuries on both sides.
- Don’t play through injuries: Sometimes it’s cool to seem tough, but doing so might actually limit your playing time in the future. Memphis Grizzlies Even if you can run and limp through some leg pain, playing through the pain will likely aggravate the injury, possibly making you immobile in the future.
Next common are lower leg injuries, which shin guards help protect against. Jordan 11 Pre-School Mouth guards will keep your teeth safe from forcefully kicked balls; goalies will especially want the extra protection.