Forum Announcement Forums Fire Alarm Systems Fire sprinkler system suggestions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

andrea1
    Participant

I feel very bad for my neighbor. Last week there was a fire in her house and one of her rooms was completely destroyed. Fortunately, no one was there in the house or it could have been worse. I really don’t know how it happened? Her house was fully protected with security alarms. I get scared whenever I think about that accident. I am thinking of getting a fire protection system in my home. While I was checking for this online I came across a fire sprinkler monitoring system. I am new to the idea but I would like to get one. Has anyone over here heard about this service before? I would like to know more about it. Please help me in choosing the right one. What are the requirements that I would need to know before getting a fire protection system? Please help me with this. Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions.

dilligaff
    Participant

Fire sprinkler systems for homes have been available for a long time. The best time for installation of a sprinkler system is during the construction of the home. To install a sprinkler system in an existing home pipes need to be run inside walls and sprinkler heads installed in every room. In cold climates non heated areas may need to have the pipes filled with anti-freeze to prevent freezing. Installing the pipes will necessitate cutting holes in the walls and then patching the holes after the installation is complete. If you are interested in a sprinkler system I suggest that you contact a Fire Sprinkler Company in the area where you live for a quote for the cost. A sprinkler system installation is not a DIY project.

Installing smoke and heat detectors connected to a monitored alarm panel in your home would be considerably less expensive than a sprinkler system. CO detectors can also be added to an alarm panel for added protection. An alarm panel cannot try to put out a fire but it can notify the monitoring company which will dispatch the police or fire department in the event of an alarm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.