This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #358786


    I am Looking for a Moose Z900 Keypad .



    Good luck with that. It’s going to be hard to find a model that old–I believe they were discontinued back in the early 90′s. I found one on eBay,

    but the seller is price-gouging because it’s such a rare item. With shipping, it’s $100.

    In my professional opinion, if you are willing to spend $100, you would do better to buy a newer Honeywell/Ademco control panel (Moose no longer exists) and keypad(s) from eBay or other online site, and replace them. Even if you have more than one keypad, the total cost could add up to less–if you’re willing to put in the work to replace the control panel in its cabinet and the keypad(s).

    Your existing wiring, control panel transformer, panel backup battery any motions or hardwired door/window contacts, are all compatible with any new control panel. The reason I recommend the Honeywell/Ademco brand is that they have the best record in the industry for keeping new peripheral devices back-and-cross compatible with previous and different models. If you had a 25-year-old Ademco system instead of a Moose, new keypads would still be compatible with it. No other brand can make that claim.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.