This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ChosunOne 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

breeze76
    Participant

I have an ADT installed alarm system that is about 5 or so years old. It has not been monitored for about 5 years. I do not have any codes for it.

DSC Keypad: Model# RFK5501-433
    Central Box: PC1616

I would like to reprogram to use myself. It also has a cellular attachment, not sure if I can use that though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChosunOne
    Participant

Sadly, I’m mostly retired now and haven’t worked on DSC on a regular basis in over 10 years. This forum has become a ghost town for the last few years–I’m one of the few professional techs who still check in here. There is another tech or two who are familiar with DSC, but you might wait awhile for them to stop by.
    I do know that what you want to do is possible, by defaulting your panel programming back to its default settings–i.e., the program settings that it left the factory with, before it was customized for your system. You will lose all your settings, including your zone programming: So you’ll have to program everything from scratch. You will need to to enter one setting to tell the panel NOT to try to communicate with a Central Station–the default setting is try to send signals, even without a phone number or acc’t number (which will be erased when you default the panel).
    You also want to be sure you know what devices (door/window contacts, motion sensors, smoke sensors, etc) are on each zone, BEFORE you default the panel, so you’ll know how to program each zone (Entry/exit delays, instant perimeter, interior motion, fire zone, etc…). If there’s any doubt what device goes to which zone, it’s a LOT easier to check while the system is still working–it’s won’t be working normally after you default it and before you re-program it.
    I assume you have already downloaded the Installation and Programming Manual. The instructions on how to default it are in the manual, but , again: Determine the zone descriptions BEFORE defaulting–saves you a ton of grief. I could refresh my memory on the PC1616 programming, but it will actually be faster if you re-post your question at the forum linked below: It’s more active with lotsa DSC techs that drop in every day.

http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php/board,3.0.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.