Home Forums General Reference DSC PK5501 – External Dry Contacts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trinican2 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Trinican2
    Participant

Hello, I have a DSC PK5501 installed in my home and I wish to connect it to an external notification system which will send me an SMS message or email or Mobile Phone Alert whenever the alarm is activated. Does this panel have unused dry contacts (either NO or NC) which activate whenever the alarm is triggered ? Thank you ..

ChosunOne
    Participant

The DSC PK5501 that you’re looking at is your keypad, not your control panel. Your control panel will be in a steel cabinet, _roughly_ the size of a bathroom medicine cabinet, usually in a basement, a utility area, or a closet, but sometimes the installer gets ingenious hiding it. In any case, you will need to find it if you don’t know where it is. It will need (or needs?) a new battery every 5 years or so.

The steel cabinet usually has the control model number printed on it, but look inside at the circuit board diagram to be sure. It could be a PC1616 or it couuld be something else. Let us know what you find. If your control panel doesn’t have unused dry contacts, connecting a low-power relay to the siren output is a trivial task.

Trinican2
    Participant

Thanks very much for your response. I will check the panel and get back to you if I need further info. Best Regards..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.