Home Forums Caddx Technical Questions nx-8e setup

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bramfrank 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

robrob
    Participant

hello im new to the alarm world but pretty handy with this sort of stuff. in the process of setting up nx8e with nx595e ip interface, 16zone expansion nx181xx and nx 182xx keypads.

i have everything connected and am able to access via dlx900. imin process of hooking up zones and most are simply shorted with a jumper wire as i work through all zones. my problem at this point is that all zones report open if shortrd or open. just simple reed switches with out termination. i tried deleting from partitions and then adding back but didnt work.

any thoughts appreciated

dilligaff
    Participant

I don’t have any experience with Caddx panels, but it sounds like your panel is looking for EOL resistors. The resistors should be wired in series with the contacts or motion detectors.

robrob
    Participant

Thanks for the solution.

I read the vague instructions as “install EOL resistors only if you want a monitored circuit” and assumed 0ohms would be ok for a closed un-monitored circuit.

ChosunOne
    Participant

I have no experience with Caddx panels either, but I agree with diligaff–it sounds like the panel’s looking for EOLRs.

virtually all contemporary professional-grade panels have a provision in programming to set the hardwired zones for EOLR or not. The panel’s default programming, the way it came from the factory, may have it set up to look for EOLRs unless told (programmed) otherwise.
    Look in the Installation/Programming manual for setting up zones, and you should find some provision to program for no EOLRs.

bramfrank
    Participant

Go into the zone type in the advanced section and check the “EOL resistor defeat” for each zone type you’ve got in use

robrob
    Participant

bramfrank

Even cleaner solution, now that i have installed series EOL resistors on most of my zones :) .

It makes sense that there would be a way to configure the system to use simple 0ohm closure loops without having to install resistors in series with each zone.

Thanks

I’t very nice to have this forum as a resource (along with knowledgeable people taking time to help others).

robrob
    Participant

A few more questions to the group:

1. How do you unbypass zones through DLX900? Under view/keypad status/Functions it implies that you can bypass/unbypass zones but i can only bypass. I am able to unbypass from the keypad.

2. Continue to get message on keypad: Fire trouble conditions., reset the xmoke detector. How do i clear this? At present i’m only using zone types 1,3

bramfrank
    Participant

To remove bypasses simply arm and then disarm the panel.
    To clear fire alarm issues do a smoke detector reset from the keypad.
    You say you are using only 2 zone types, but the default zone type for zone 8 is fire. Have you changed that?

robrob
    Participant

I’m now using zone type 1 for all perimeter windows, type 3 for all doors, and type 4 for the fire sprinklers. Everything is pretty much working except i’m not able to get chime to work. For zone type 3 i have the chime option selected. I have tried enabling via the web interface and via the keypad.

Any thoughts?

bramfrank
    Participant

I don’t recall offhand whether it applies to the 1800 series, but the older NX148 and such needed to have the chime function enabled in programming before they would honor the chime function.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.