Home Forums 2GIG Technical Questions So i bought a bunch of wireless door sensors on ebay…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pnwguy 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pnwguy
    Participant

…and the first two I tried to install don’t work! As they are wireless, I am going to guess the lithium ion battery it came with, is dead. I’m looking in the box, every piece is in sealed plastic bag, except the battery. Could that be why these were 1/2 off on ebay?

ChosunOne
    Participant

I’ve never worked with 2GIG and I don’t have a manual to refer to, but there are some things common to all contemporary profession-grade wireless systems. First, what is the make and model of the sensors you bought? And were they advertised as being compatible with 2GIG?
    All wireless sensor/transmitters are not equal and have to be matched with whatever brand receiver your control is using. Unfortunately, I’ve seen a number of eBay sellers advertising compatibility in error.

It could be the batteries, and normally I try to avoid “Troubleshooting-by-Replacing-Parts; however, a fresh battery doesn’t cost much and having a spare battery in your fridge is a good idea anyway, so buying a replacement battery is worth trying.

If sensor/transmitter model and/or battery aren’t the problem, post back and we’ll start troubleshooting procedure.

pnwguy
    Participant

thanks for the reply! Sorry, yes these are 2GIG door sensors – DW20R-345. I am going to try a new battery, and will post back here.

pnwguy
    Participant

Actually, I am going to first get a voltage meter, and test to see if the batteries are good or not. Either that, or I’m adding the device incorrectly into the panel. It’s just plugging in the TXID into the panel, correct?

pnwguy
    Participant

Figured it out! I had Loop = 2, which is for external D/W sensors. I set it to Loop = 1, and it works now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.