Home Forums Ademco Technical Questions Vista 20P adding a wireless keypad

This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  ChosunOne 4 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

bulldogben
    Participant

Security101
    Keymaster

The 6160 does not have a 5800TM, the 6160RF does.

Jim

bulldogben
    Participant

That's what I meant thanks for correcting me

jallenclark

I already ordered the 6160RF, thanks for trying to save me some money.  It just got here today, I am going to try to install it when I get home from work.

Thanks for the tip on disconnecting my my old receiver.  I was reading through the install directions and noticed something called a House ID.  It says my 6160rf needs to be on the same house ID as the other wireless devices to work.  Is there a way I can figure out what my current receiver is set to so I can just program that into the 6160 to take over for my old receiver.  Can I not just leave the current receiver plugged in and set my 6160rf to a different house ID to use for a wireless keypad I will be buying in the future?

bulldogben
    Participant

that house id is for the wireless keypad so dont worry about it till you get a wireless keypad ;)

jallenclark

bulldogben
    Participant

you cant disable the receiver in the 6160rf. you'll need to disconnect your current wireless receiver and replace your current keypad for the 6160 RF. make sure you know how to address a keypad first, the how to is under the general tech of the forum. after that  all you have to do is delete that senor number from programming under field *56 you manual should be described enough for you to figure it out and if you have any problems just post.

jallenclark

I just read this one: http://www.diyalarmforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10379.0

My current keypad is set to 16, if I am just replacing it and by default a keypad is set to 16 do I really need to address it?  by default won't it be addressed to 16?

When I disconnect my current receiver all of my wireless zones will be disconnected.  Once I replay my keypad with the 6160RF they will all automatically reconnect through it without me needing to do anything?

Everything sounds simple enough, hopefully it goes smooth tonight.  Thanks for your input.

bulldogben
    Participant

The keypad works with a number of systems not all all address to 16 so it will need to be addressed when connected the first time from then on it remembers its address.
    as far as the wireless yes it should be that easy remove old device put up 6160rf, power down then power back up ( it helps to rest the system this way) then test. always test I've done this a lot and i never leave it to chance.

jallenclark

I am going to test now.  I replaced it then reset the system,  it said to check the RF (the one I unplugged) but after I armed the system then unarmed the system the message went away so I think I am good to go.

Thanks for all your help guys, you made it very easy for someone new to alarms.

Now I just need to figure out how to remove a zone by going through the manual.

Edit:

One thing I just noticed is the keypad says "DISARMED CHIME" but the chime is working.  If I type my code then 9 the message will go away but then the chime no longer works, it looks like it is inverted.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Security101
    Keymaster

Disarmed = the system is disarmed

Chime = Chime

Your chime is operating correctly…

Make sure you remove all unused wireless zones within 12 hrs from leaving programming as the system will search for them then…

JIM

jallenclark

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for heads up on the chime part.

I was able to remove my zone right away, thanks for letting me know.

Now I just need to order a wireless keypad, thanks again.

captbob260
    Participant

Hi,
    I want to add a wireless keypad to the front door of my Ademco Vista-15/20P system. The only keypad now is at another door. Also, I want to install a siren in a place where I have voltage but can’t run a hard wire. Need to send the alarm ‘trigger’ signal wirelessly to the remote siren. Is there a wireless transmitter and receiver that can be triggered by the Ademco alarm?
    Please help with advice and parts available/needed.
    Bob

cvarlamo
    Participant

Hello, I have a Vista 20P with a 5881enh wireless receiver and a 6150 wired keypad and I want to add a wireless keypad. Do I need a 6150RF or can I just purchase the 5828?

ChosunOne
    Participant

Your 5881 ENH Receiver will receive RF signals from the 5828 keypad, but you need something to _transmit_ signals from your control panel back to the 5828.
    So you’ll need a Honeywell 5800TM Transmitter to add at/near the panel. That’s a lot cheaper than buying a 6150RF Keypad; not to mention being easier to add on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.